Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Wednesday 1 February 2012

The King of all comebacks

I said previously but I'll say it again. Holy Crap. Oh my goodness. The men's free programme was something else. In the big daddy of all shocking comebacks Evgeni Plushenko skated out of his skin and scored his best mark ever to win the European title for the seventh time. Seriously there aren't enough italics in the world for me to properly convey my surprise and awe at this situation. The man is unbelievable. His free skate to an amazing arrangement of 'el tango de Roxanne' was just fabulous, full of power, drama and attack and despite not having skated in a while he still looked close to swaggering, imperious best. Artur Gachinski came second, once again rediscovering the sort of form he showed at last year's Europeans. Noow he seems to have pulled it together, I really do like Gachinski's 'interview with the vampire' routine, it has a lovely flow to it and his feathered outfit is just divine. Florent Amodio took third place and celebrated as if he'd won again, it was adorable he started crying and everything. There's just something about it when someone with a face that beautiful starts crying, it was just so sweet. And the way his coach just picked him up was so lovely. There were strong performances from two of my favourite competitiors 'Lovely Brian' Joubert and my Italian eccentric Samuel Contesti. I love Samuel. He's a born entertainer. He always puts so much personality into his performancess and they're always a little different to everyone else. All in all it was a great competition and I think all the people that I really like did well and landed in the toop ten. With Plushenko's massive rreturn I think worlds is going to be absolutely stellar. Can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment