Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Saturday 9 April 2011

European thoughts - Serie A and Uefa cup

I've been lucky enough to catch some pretty good European matches lately. Firstly I watched the Milan derby, which was a cracker. I'm a big fan of AC Milan so its really lovely to see them doing well again. It was fantastic to see Gianluca Zambrotta playing and playing well. And Clarence Seedorf. Its a well known fact about me that I love a verteran old campaigner and this is partly why I love Milan so much. It fills my heart full of joy to see all the players I've grown up watching still going strong. So I'm praying so hard for one of my very very favourite people to recover from his knee injury. The man they call SuperPippo. Everytime I watch Milan and he isn't playing I feel a little twinge. I think I'm going to have full on hysterics when he *whisper it* retires. Another thought that occurred to me during the derby was about Robinho. I think he is suffering from what we in the business call "Nicklas Bendtner syndrome." He displayed all the symptoms, terrible first touch, reluctance to pass to teammates and skying chances. As my dad said "its a pity Robinho isn't as talented as he thinks he is."
Then the other day I watched Porto in the Europa league. What a game. What a side. I really like the look of Andre Villas Boas as a manager; he's young, he's got his team playing lovely free flowing football, he has swagger and he's a snappy dresser. And boy are his team impressive. Time and time again they swept majestically down the pitch, what a pleasure it is to watch them. And Radamel Falcao in particular. He scored a hat-trick on the night and it was a stellar performance. Plus he's so beautiful. Like breath-taking. Look

No comments:

Post a Comment