Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 19 July 2011

All set to get wet in Shanghai

Managed to catch the men's 3m synchronised diving final this morning. Hot damn what a contest. I like watching diving when I can, its very entertaining and as you all know I have a bit of a thing for aesthetics and diving is a VERY aesthetic sport. Particularly pleasing are the super slow mo replay cameras, now they don't just use the super slow mo on the actual dives. Ooooh no. They use that camera on everything. Its brilliant. Madly, surreally, hilariously brilliant. You have never seen someone picking up a towel, taking a shower or shaking someone's hand in quite such a dramatic fashion before. But seriously I do enjoy the gymnastic type aspect of diving and I particularly enjoy the synchronicity aspect of it. I find synchronicity fascinating. Fascinating in its weirdness. But anyway, it was a cracking contest. China maintained a pretty high level throughout with mind blowing technical precision. The rest of the field kept it really exciting though with a few teams swapping places in the medal places, it was in the final round that it really kicked off with Russia nailing an absolutely stunning last dive to leapfrog Mexico into silver medal position and leave USA in fourth. I also enjoyed the performance of the Ukranian team and while the Norwegians didn't finish very highly I liked them a lot too largely because they're brothers and both named E. Valheim. Erik and Espen Valheim. What a beautiful sounding set of names. I'm quite fond of sets of sporting brothers, which gives me an idea.....Till next time kids...
Oh and the name of the post comes from Eurosport's brilliiant slogan for the championships!

No comments:

Post a Comment