Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Saturday 9 July 2011

Transfers and the Tour

Its summer so the transfer window shenanigans go on. This week Gael Clichy left for man City. I was really sad to see Gael go, he's been a great player for us and he's been with us a long time. Also he's half of one of my favourite football bromances in his sweet beyond belief friendship with Bacary Sagna. Seriously Bacary wears his gloves and I've seen the Emirates dressing room they sit right next to each other, slightly apart from the others. What's Bac going to do now?
I've been watching the transfer rumours and I have been very very nervous at times. Butt thinggs appear to be moving along, Gervinho is apparently close to signing and while I would prefer a certain Columbian striker instead, this is a step in the right direction. Also I hear that Almunia and Nicky Bendtner are 'negotiating' moves. This is very good progress; to make way for new signings some people must move on, this is inevitable. And finallly it seems like the right players are being linked with moves away.
This time of the year also means the return of the annual "Where's Andy Schleck?" game to our household. Its a fun game. The game consists of my dad watching the tour de france while I periodically ask him "where's Andy Schleck?" Simple but immensely fun. Andy schleck is my favourite cyclist for a few reasons. One, he has a cool name. Two, he's from Luxembourg. Three, the lovely relationship he has with his brother, a couple of years ago one of them made a break away and the other got stuck behind so he went back for him. Mrs Schleck must have been bursting with pride that day. So along with playing the Andy game, I'll be cheering for him all the way in the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment