Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 13 December 2011

So the time had finally come: Grand Prix Final weekend. And where was I? Well Ruth you must have been at home glued to eurosport I hear you say. No I was on holiday in Bruges. But never fear readers my v+ box (the best invention ever) was on hand to capture the madness in all its glory. So I started out today with the men's free program. Oh what a contest.
Though to be honest as much as I love Patrick Chan (and I do) his habit of winning everywhere is getting a bit ridiculous now. Don't get me wrong he's a beautiful skater but I don't think it was fair that he beat Daisuke Takahashi by eleven points. Daisuke's routine was absolutuely beautiful and he only put a foot down on his quad whereas Patrick fell three times. I think what keeps his marks so high despite mistakes is his almost supernatural confidence in that even when he falls he keeps on going and doesn't drop his level. Also his movement is very easy and fluid and his lines are gorgeous but then again Daisuke's body movement is just sublime. Having said all that, I was very pleased to see Daisuke on the podium and I was over the moon to see Javier Fernandez on there too and the performance from Yuzuru Hanyu was stunning too. I've been really impressed with Yuzuru Hanyu everytime I see him and I love that Johnny Weir is his hero, its so weirdly adorable. His reaction to his scores was so cute he was just like a little anime boy with his little 'squee' moment. It wasn't just the boys that had a great tournament though, our friend Nicky Slater was on fine form too. His particular highlights were in his declaration after Daisuke's routine that "I think some of the ladies in the front row have fainted" and his explantion of this as "he's like Elvis Presley on skates." He got raather carried away after that saying "his moves are very sensual and I'm saying that as a chap." He wasn't finished there going on to announce that due to his 'Romeo and Juliet' theme Yuzuru Hanyu 'is the young Romeo in this, he's Leonardo di Caprio out there and there are plenty of girls here who would want to be his Juliet.' Seriously this stuf is gold, we salute you. I've got the pairs still to watch and I'm mega excited so look outt for some more stuff to come.  And many thanks to the fabulous reader who found my blog by looking for 'Maxim Trankov gay' stellar stuff, I hope you're still on board.

No comments:

Post a Comment