Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Thursday 8 March 2012

So close yet so far

Well what a situation we nearly had on our hands there. Arsenal came within literally touching distance of the biggest comeback in Champion's League history. Seriously, the fingertips of Christian Abbiati are all that kept us from a fourth goal, history and extra time. Having said that, even though ultimately we still fell short I'm still very very proud of all the boys. I know there are many, many different reactions to this game but for me they really managed to restore a sense of dignity and hope following the first leg. I know we still lost but the boys put in such a courageous, determined performance that its impossible not to be pleased with them. Tomas Rosicky in particular carried on his fine recent form and scored a lovely little goal (much like his lovely little self.) Once again, as you all know, I could not be happier about this, there is nothing I want more than to see my (beautiful and talented) little dumpling doing well. It wasn't just Tomas though, everyone played their part. Robin was (as always) excellent, Koscielny and Vermaelen were super hardcore at the back, Bacary Sagna was flying up the wing like nobody's business, Song was a total beast in midfield. The list goes on. The first half was an absolute revelation, they totally owned both Milan and the whole pitch. Alas the colossal effort they put in was their undoing as the pace of the game and the weight of the deficit took its toll and by the end they were all just too tired. Also we had a lack of options on the bench to change the game but to be fair to Le Prof its not really his fault as we have a lot of midfielders out injured and he can't just pull players out of thin air (I wish.) But as hard as it is to take that even though they were so good, even though we got so close, we're still out, its good to know that the team can fight that hard for each other and dig that deep for a performance. I really, really hope we can keep up this brilliant spirit we've found.
Oh and I never ever thought I would be saying this but well done Gary Neville. It is 'bingo time' my friend, it certainly is.

No comments:

Post a Comment