Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Review of the Season

Now I've managed to get over the stress of the final day of the season I'm finally ready to look back over the season. The start was an absolute nightmare, actually nightmare is an understatement for what happend against Manchester United but somehow from the jaws of utter ignominy we managed to snatch some kind of victory. This season kind of summed up what it is to be an Arsenal fan in a small microcosm.
There were some dispiriting lows, some deapartures and arrivals, some confusing weird stuff and finally some wonderful, joyous, heartwarming times. One of the moments that stands out for me the most is the Chelsea game. Particularly John Terry falling over and Robin van Persie surging majestically past him, that truly was a beautiful and heart-warming sight to behold. Then obviously there is the derby. What a day. Without doubt my game of the season. When Bacary scored that equaliser was brilliant but when Tomas Rosicky scored to take us into the lead I've never felt anything like it before. I don't think a moment in football has ever been so all encompassingly perfect as that (for me) before. The goal itself was brilliant with Tomas showing superhuman committment, running his little heart out to beat Theo to the ball and slot home. The significance of the goal was immense after being so far behind in the league and in the game itself. And to cap it all off, to have Tomas score it was just perfect. Tomas, the boy who for me represents the wonder and joy of when I first got into football, the boy who I never stopped rooting for, never lost faith in no matter what happened to him or what he did. THAT is why it was my moment of the season and why I'll remember this season so fondly nomatter what stresses it held. I also have to mention the magical night we almost overturned a four goal deficit against AC Milan with a thrilling performance of fabulous football and herculean resolve. The determination they showed in that game made me proud to be a gooner. So once again, I'd like to say a massive thank you to all the beautiful people of Arsenal FC for the marvellous, emotional, unpredictable season that they gave us all. Boys, I wouldn't have it any other way. Roll on next season, I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment