Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Thursday 17 May 2012

Special Send offs at the San Siro

It wasn't just Arsenal having emotional goodbyes for club legends this week. This week AC Milan said goodbye to a trio of club legends. And one superhero. First up Alessandro Nesta is hanging up his boots, the guy has put in a phenomenal amount of effort and energy over the years and his commitment to the club has been extraordinary. Then we have Gennaro Gattuso and Gianluca Zambrotta. Two phenomenal servants to the club and football in general. I love Gianluca because he is just so classy and an absolute consummate professional and I love Gennaro because he's a maverick and bursting with passion. I'll miss them both because of the wonderful contributions they've made to all the great Milan moments and because of the great character they bring to the side. Then we have the big one. The superhero. More than a forward, more than a player. What can I possibly say about a man so vital and inextricably connected to my love of football, what can I say that I haven't said before, what can I say that's enough. I'll leave it to the man himself. "The first and foremost thing that I want you all to know is I played and won for "us"...Of course the reality went beyond our wildest dreams...Destiny gave us more than we had dared hope.Ciao to my wonderful fans who followed me the world over with affection and passion. Ciao to my team mates from today and yesterday.My dear Milan, I’m leaving you only because that the way life goes. The moment has come and you know it as well." When I read his open letter, I filled up. It's so beautiful, as beautiful the football he's provided us with all these years. Apparently his brother says he wants to play on, so hopefully, Pippo still has a little more magic left for us.
Here's the rest of the letter here - http://www.acmilan.com/en/news/show/141274

No comments:

Post a Comment