Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Figure skating xmas aka new programs

Today I saw the list of new programs that are being planned for the new season. This is pretty much the figure skating equivalent of Christmas, its that exciting and that much of a gift.
Ok I'll start with the BIG news. Firstly, about a month ago I wrote a post about music choices I would love to see some major skaters taking. In it I said I would love to see Brian Joubert take on 'Inception' (read it here link ) And now, today I have discovered that for his free Program. Brian Joubert is indeed doing 'Inception.' I can't believe it. I'm so so excited. I know its silly but I can't help wondering if Brian or Brian's people saw my suggestion. Even if they didn't I'm super psyched that I called him right. Anyway its a brilliant idea for a program for him and I can't wait to see how it looks.
It seems Nathalie Pechalat and Fabian Bourzat are working on two new programs. Simply titled "Paris ♥ Paris" (SP) and "Rolling Stones" they're not giving much away. I can't make too many guesses but 'Paris' is an auspicious title for these two as they're so quintessentially French and I think they'll be very good at capturing all the differing flavours of Paris. A Rolling Stones thehme could be very interesting as their last foray into popular music with 'I've had the time of my life' was fabulous, full of energy and charm. Another couplle whose quirky factor always guarantees an interesting program is Luca Lanotte and Anna Cappellini. They've gone for 'seven brides for seven brothers' and 'Carmen.' I can't wait to see how they interpret these pieces as they're quite traditional pieces of music and I'm certain they're going to have an innovative take on them. 'Carmen' in particular suits their dramatic, typically latin style. I think sometimes I under appreciatee Charlie White and Meryl Davis but now I'm actually properly excited about their upcoming free program to a Frank Sinatra Medley that inccludes 'Strangers in the night' and 'Cheek to Cheek' I think this is an absolutely perfect choice for them. It will perfectly showcase their beautiful synchronicity and chemistry and it has a the perfect light, charismatic tone for Charlie. Another absolutely perfect choice is Akiko Suzuki doing 'Kill Bill.' That's going to kick ass. It fits her so well. Javier Fernandez seems to have made aa nice natural progression in his music selections with 'the mask of Zorro' and Charlie Chaplin. Maybe he could have been slightly more adventurous than the Zorro theme but Charlie Chaplin will suit his adorable wide-eyed personality just fine. Interestingly Florent Amodio is also doing Chaplin, whichh I'm not entirely sure will work. Its so different from his usual modern, pacy style but then again this might be a good opportunity to showcase a different side to himself. And on further Brian Joubert news, he's also doing a Justice/Daft Punk mash up. Awesome, French dance +Brian = magnifique. Plushenko is taking on the absolutely classic 'Romeo and Juliet' which I think may be a masterstroke. Sui Wenjing and Han Cong are taking on 'Chicago' which suits their theatricality and wil allow them to be more grown up. 
And Johnny Weir is doing Lady Gaga. Oh yes.
So if you got through all that I thank you. As usual, any comments are welcome here or on twitter (@moleyontheline)

No comments:

Post a Comment