Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Monday 15 November 2010

A victory that tastes like toffee

What a glorious weekend folks. We're totally and entirely not getting carried away but......
Once again we ground out a victory where in previous years (and months) we would have folded faced with that late late fightback. I really enjoyed the game on Sunday. It was open and exciting. Also I really like Everton. So this was a game I particularly relished. Another very impressive game from Fabianski (seriously does he have a twin or something?) with some very very athletic and strong saves. The defence played very well, with Johan Djorou in particular putting in a hell of a shift. Which brings me to Bacary Sagna. Oh Bacary. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways....your braids which would look wrong on anyone else, your wonderfully expressive eyes, your legs, your majestic runs down the flank, your touching sensitivity, your friendship with Gael Clichy, your tackling ability (no giggling at the back) and now your goal! I was so chuffed to see such an underrated player score such a peach of a goal. I have a real soft spot for Bac and I'm glad to see him do well. Top notch all round.
Side note - Its also nice to see Denilson has given up on the weird plaits he was sporting and gone back to the lovely curls. Good hair begins, good football follows. Ah so.

No comments:

Post a Comment