Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Wednesday 2 February 2011

Bern 2011 - A Sartorial Breakdown

To round off my coverage of the Championships in Bern, here's a lighthearted celebration of one of my favourite aspects of figure skating- a stroll through the costuming highlights of the event.
First up its our handsome prince of the ice Saintly Stephane Lambiel in his uber classy off rink commentary gear. Classy is the watchword here folks, this is how to look delectable and stay warm.

Then we have two magnificent matadors. Massimo Scali on the left here, inspired by Strictly Ballroom apparently in this lovely blue number. Then Alexander Smirnov (right) in this gorgeous traditional toreador outfit. Very classical and it suited him down to the ground, he looked very handsome in it. Ole!

Then there is Florent (left.) To paraphrase the 'Sound of Music' : "Boys in blue sequins with white elastic braces, these are a few of my favourite things!"
On the right a classic ice skating theme...CHARLIE CHAPLIN! Shame on you if you thought it was anyone else...
The charming Tomas Verner (left). I'm not sure what look he's going for here but I like it nonetheless. I particularly like the idea of a Czech in checks.

And finally 'Lovely' Brian Joubert. Monochrome is always a good idea and this is no exception. This is classic yet edgy, quintessentially French and absolutely perfect on him.
Hope you enjoyed it folks. I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment