Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Saturday 6 August 2011

A celebration of Sporting Brothers

A while back I got an idea. Now its coming into fruition. Since it seems to have become a theme in my sporting consciousness of late here is my celebration of my favourite sets of brothers in sports.
1. Team Schleck. I've explained my love for them before but briefly here's why: they're from Luxembourg, they have a weird name, but most importantly they seem like really really nice guys and the brotherly love just radiates off them.
2. The Klitschkos. Once again the brotherly love is palpable. Also much like Frank and Andy their mother seems to have done a hell of a job raising them into all round nice guys. BOTH brothers have managed to earn a Phd in Sports Science. What an example.
3. Fabio and Paolo Cannavaro. Some families are just really blessed in the genes department. These two are a case in point. Not just one colossus of central defending but two.
4. Niko and Robert Kovac. Firm favourites of mine for a long long time. Once again, some people just win the gene lottery. Eternally classy players, criminally underrated.
5. Eirik and Espen Valheim. A recent discovery of mine. Brothers from Norway who do synchronised diving. How cool is that? Plus Espen might be the most beautiful name ever.
And an honourable mention for Tomas Rosicky and his brother Jiri. Simply because when I found out that 'little dumpling' had an older brother, my excited response was "oh my God. There's a big dumpling!"

No comments:

Post a Comment