Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Thursday 11 August 2011

Like a fine wine

Once again we've forgotten a special day. Two days ago was the birthday of a legend. Not just a legend, a man who is pretty much a hero to me. But this man is a very under appreciated legend. We here at Sport's Wall would like to rectify that situation, so here is his own personal trubute. Happy (belated) 38th Birthday Filippo Inzaghi. I've pretty much grown up watching Super Pippo poaching goals and straying offside. I think I may have elucidated on my affection for him before but since it was his special day I think its a subject that deserves a revisit. Plus I want to appreciate him as much as I can while he's still playing. I absolutely dread the day he retires because I honestly can't even contemplate how devastated I'll be when it happens. He's been such a big part of my football life, he was one of the first footballers that I remember loving regardless of who they played for. I loved him when he played for Juve, all cute and boyish with his floppy fringe. I've loved him at Milan for years , loved his hilarious persistence in getting caught offside and his hilariously geniune bafflement when he's caught for it. And I still love him now, with the most beautifully eloquent expression of displeasure I've ever seen. To my eyes he still looks as good as he ever did and I for one can't wait for him to return triumphantly from his knee injury. So a very very happy birthday to you Pippo. Sports Wall loves you and we always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment