Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Thursday 1 November 2012

Early Season Fashion Files

So the figure skating goodness just never ends. I wasn't planning on doing fashion files this early, but the first two Grand Prix events of the year provided me with so many moments of fashion joy and confusion that I just couldn't help myself. Are you all ready? Then let's go.


First up some mystifying fashion choices from Aliona Savchenko and Robin Solkowy. I've read somewhere that she studies fashion and designs their outfits but I'm not sure what she's going for with these beauties. A surrealism theme perhaps? I admire her for picking something different but I think she may have gone too different here.
Next, from Skate America, we bring you extreme accessorising with Takahiko Kozuka (now there's a TV programme idea.) As you can see here Takahiko's tissue box exactly matches the black with gold trim of his shirt. Now THAT is commitment to co-ordination.

Then we come to Rudi Swiegers. I think I may have mentioned that I'm a fan of a military theme. And boy does Rudi wear it well. He's channelling 'War Horse' here and it really suits him, he looks old-school dapper and its a very smart silhouette.
 Sticking with pairs, we come to another classic look. Lloyd Jones and Pernelle Carron did a mean and moody Jacques Brel routine which required suitably intense and classically French style. This look is a retro classic and very cinematic. It invokes the twenties, bars and Edith Piaf. Tres bien.
Then we have Elladj Balde. Kudos to Elladj for this highly accurate Michael Jackson outfit. You've got to love a man who isn't afraid of spangles and leg warmers.
On to Luca Lanotte. Look at those cuffs. Those shirt sleeves are magnificent. He also went for a similar style for their free programme. Its a good call, they really help with the expressive, expansive lines of ice dance.
And we end, of course, on Piper Gilles and Paul Poirier. They're sexy and they know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment