Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Monday 20 September 2010

Arsenal Diary - mixed feelings

Well this week perfectly encapulates the the rollercoaster of emotions that comprises being an Arsenal fan. Firstly we had the opening game of the Champion's League campaign and a glorious six nil win against Braga. It was a wonderful game. Everything I love about Arsenal was on show the football was flowing and slick, the passing was quick and accurate, the attacking moves were sweeping and incisive. Not to mention the goals, which were fabulous. I was carried away on the crest of the euphoric wave of the 'beautiful game' as it truly should be played.
And then it came to an abrupt end. Yesterday's match against Sunderland was a different prospect all together. It was a scrappy game really. For the first fifteen minutes I wondered whether we'd bothered turning up. Even after we scored (a candidate for goal of the season even at this early stage, seriously look it up) we still weren't performing as we could and should have been. After half time we did improve and looked much more solid and cohesive, the crucial moment however was Tomas Rosicky's penalty miss. My heart broke for him as soon as it flew over the bar, I've never felt anything quite as strong during a football match. I actually got stabbing pain as my heart sunk in my chest. I genuinely felt terrible for him. Then when I thought I couldn't take any more the equaliser flew in. At first I was raging mad, I was yelling and shaking, throwing a cushion around. The usual angry rants about injustice and selfishness and why god why came out. Then I calmed down to just despondency, I sulked. I was so upset and despairing. Now I've levelled into grudging acceptance and the thought that maybe its not actually the end of the world and could just be a blip. Let's all hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment