Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Sunday 26 September 2010

Soaring highs and crashing lows

Once again this week provided the epitome of the Arsenal supporting rollercoaster. A fantastic high on wednesday with drawing Tottenham in the Carling Cup galvanising le Prof into picking a stronger team than usual. It paid off and we won by the glorious scoreline of 4-1. Unfortunately I didn't get to see much of the game (grrr sky sports) but the goals looked good. I was ecstatic at this result any win against Tottenham is good news and while I'm normally less than enthuiastic about the Carling Cup, I'm willing to alter my attitude if it represents a serious chance at silverware.
And from that to the crushing low of defeat. I happened to turn over for ten minutes at half time and when I switched back we were two nil down and it felt like a slap in the face. When the third goal went in I actuallly screamed "noooooo" it felt very very painful. I honestly started to believe in the idea of the glorious fightback when we pulled one back. The second goal really stoked the fires and I was yelling at the tv for all i was worth and praying for a way. Unfortunatley it was not to be. I'm not sure if getting so close makes it harder to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment