Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Monday 6 September 2010

Arsenal diary - off week. Altered states- view from the dorm

A quiet week on the gooners front, international football means no premier league last week (boo!) The transfer window closed last week and once again no goalkeeper arrived. I'm normally very patient about these things and subscribe to the 'Arsene knows' wisdom but this time I am a little worried I really really think we needed a new goalkeeper, although personally I also believe he should be playing Vito Mannone way more. I hope I'm proved wrong but I don't think Manuel is good enough and I don't think Lukasz is anywhere near ready.
I read last week about the World Cup committee people visiting all the grounds for england's 2018 bid and it got me wondering about the presentation they would receive at the Emirates. I like to imagine that Arsene got all the boys to draw a picture of how the World Cup coming to England would make them feel. A little something like this:
Arsene: Ok boys, all these pictures look lovely. Gael what have you drawn?
Gael C: Its me and my best friend Bacary Sagna winning the world cup for France at the Emirates!
Arsene: That's very nice Gael, what a lovely idea. What have you drawn Tomas?
Tomas R: This is my best friend Tomas Ujfalusi holding the world cup while I play guitar.
Arsene: Ok. A little off topic but nice. Is that an England flag Theo?
Theo: Yeah, its the emirates stadium covered in england flags with me scoring loads of goals.
Arsene: Very nice Theo. I'm sure our guests will like that.
Samir: I drew a picture of all my friends from the team watching the world cup together in the stadium.
Arsene: That's very sweet Samir. Now Andrei what is this that you've drawn?
Andrei: Its a beaver in a hat.
Arsene: I don't think that's really what we meant...
Andrei: Its a good hat.
Arsene: Yes very nice but that doesn't really show anything about the world cup.
Andrei: The beaver is happy because Russia got the world cup
Asrsene: (sighs)

No comments:

Post a Comment