Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Wednesday 8 September 2010

Harem Watch- US Open Tennis

Time to check in with all the tennis boys setting hearts aflutter here at sports wall towers. As we speak I'm watching THE big match, the clash of my titans Rafael Nadal vs Feliciano Lopez. A hugely anticipated match in my household as Rafael Nadal has been my favourite tennis player for years now and the object of my crazy attentions throughout various tennis seasons. Feliciano 'Flic' Lopez is the most frequent and vigorous (ahem) challenger to Rafa's domination of my affections since I discovered him about five years ago at world number 90 and on hugely entertaining form. Now he's at about 23 in the world, much to my unbounded joy and I do as much as I can to convert anyone who'll listen (seriously there's a little pocket of people in North East England who are ridiculously well informed about Flic.)
Other news from Flushing Meadows: Gael "Baby G" Monfils beat Richard Gasquet (a former harem member) and now plays Novak Djokovic.
David Ferrer (rawrrrr) unfortunately lost to underwear model Fernando Verdasco, remained sexily angrily and dignified while doing so.
Tommy Robredo was unfortunately beaten by Mikhail Youzhny yesterday, adding him to the list of Harem members I have seen criminally little of during this tournament. Others include Juan Carlos "JC" Ferrero- out in round three and Marcos Baghdatis and Fernando "Gonzo" Gonzalez in round one. Also honorary harem members Kei Nishikori, Lleyton Hewitt, David Nalbandian, Ernests Gulbis and Jeremy Chardy also exited fairly early.

No comments:

Post a Comment