Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Monday 17 January 2011

A hammering

Sorry couldn't resist that one.
Anyway here's an overdue return to the season diary. The last couple of weeks have been a little tough. A mini slump if you will. Unsatisfactory cup performances have been rife. The Leeds game was frigging ridiculous. The usual domination and freak against play goal. But at least we only drew so its all still to play for there. But then there was the abomination at Portman Road. What a terrible performance that was. Now I'm the most patient gooner in the world but even I could ee that it was lacklustre and no where near the standard that we could and should have been at. Nightmare. I know Cesc got called churlish an a bad loser and whatever afterwards. And normally I'm not the first person to agree with Senor Fabregas. But whats wrong with being a bad loser? Seriosuly its a genuine question. In sport I would much prefer that my team ( or person i'm supporting) take losing extremely badly than with grace. Why? It shows they care. They should rail against losing, they should complain, they should get really really petty. Or they should in the right situation totally lose it. It shows humanity and honesty. And more importantly passion. Show me a bad loser and I'll show you a man who wants to win.  Plus I'm a terrible loser myself so I enjoy that trait in a sportsman.
Anyway there was no need for me to be childish this weekend as we did actually win. Not just a run of the mill win. A three nil win. A stylish win. Robin van Perise was in quality form. The boy Chesney (as we have taken to calling dear Wojciech Szczesny) was once again cracking, how nice it is to have our two poles in goal in wonderful form. It was a great game and the football was fluid and beautiful, I hope we can learn how to play like that every game because it was a total treat. Come on you gunners.

No comments:

Post a Comment