Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Monday 24 January 2011

Three and easy

Cometh the hour, cometh the man.
At the Emirates we've been holding out for a hero and he's been here all along. Robin van Persie I salute you. Our favourite Dutchman in the entire world pulled it out of the bag this weekend and is now a fully fledged hat-trick hero. Not even skying a penalty can spoil the joy. I'm chuffed to see RvP flying high because God knows I've worried about his varying injuries often enough. If anyone deserves a performance like that its Robin (and Tomas Rosicky but more on that later.) Robin is another one of the boys we hold in special regard down at HQ. One reason is his hilariously endearing dutch accent but another major reason is that last year I read an article saying that he turned down a few big european clubs to stay with us because "Arsenal is in his heart." What an absolute gentleman. It almost made me weep with joy to see commitment like that in our modern cynical times.
Which leads me to sometime club captain Tomas Rosicky. Poor little Dumpling has been ill with a virus of late so he's been hibernating somewhere. But news reaches me that he has recovere. So I'm starting my one woman campaign to bring him back into the squad ASAP. We miss him. Lots. Play him Arsene.

No comments:

Post a Comment