Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 18 January 2011

Some Sporting thoughts

Two in two I'm on a roll.
We have my return to uni to thank for the sudden proliferation in blog posts. I have an hour free before classes and nothing to fill it so its a perfect time to look after my baby.
Just a few random thoughts today. I managed to catch the Australian open this afternoon which was fun. As I'm sure you all know by now I'm a big tennis fan so obviously I try to catch as much of the grand slams as i can. I think I'm a bit remiss on my tennis posts on this blog especially given how often I look at results so I'm going to make a conscious effort to give more love to the tennis playing members of our little harem. I was lucky with the match I caught as well as one of my favourite players was playing. It was Lleyton Hewitt vs David Nalbandian and when I saw the draw I thought this had the potential to be a cracker and oh boy did those boys deliver. I love Lleyton. He's one of the most dedicated sportsmen in the entire world and to describe him as passionate would be an understatement. What I like about Lleyton is his fighting spirit and how you can never ever count him out now matter how impossible the situation is. He's a little firecracker which always goes down well at HQ and today was no exception. Our particular favourite from today was his declaration of "it was WIDE" with a glare that could cut through about a foot of steel. Unfortunately our little Aussie rocket was beaten in a four hour epic by David Nalbandian. Nine Seven in the fifth. man that is a way to go down. Hats off to you. I do have a lot of time for nalbandian though he's a classy player and its nice to see him back in the top thirty after a lengthy injury absence. A HUGE congratulatory shout out to Feliciano Lopez or Flic as he's known around these parts for making the second round. His presence in any tournament just brightens our day. We're also keeping an eye on Baby G Monfils, Gonzo and David Ferrer. And of course the one and only Rafa.
Some Calcio thoughts for you all. I'm thinking of making my Serie A musings a regular occurence given my obsession with it. I managed to watch Juventus v Napoli last week and a Roma match whose opponents escape me. Anyway. I love the drama of Italian football, all the yelling and gesticulating. I love how they challenge every call. In that spirit I've decided to bring more Serie A flavour to my life. I'm hoping to shrug more and gesticulate to make my point clearer, in crucial moments I'm going to ask myself "What would Pippo do?"
And a treat to finish off. I recalled a special special moment from the end of the Arsenal/Man City game the other week. At the end of the match Emmanuel Eboue strolled his way onto the pitch. He was dressed as what I can only describe as "a space pimp." Your eyes do not deceive you that picture is real. On anyone else this would look absolutley ludicrous but personally I think our Emmanuel is totally working that. Outlandish suits him. That or the fluoro has warped my eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment