Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 25 January 2011

More Sporting Thoughts

I'm thinking of making this one a regular feature.
I've been shamefully behind on my football watching of late and I've finally caught up. I watched Match of the Day this morning and the first half of the Leeds match which I missed. Good stuff all round. I was particularly impresed with Arsenal's play at the weekend which had all the hallmarks of the beautiful football us gooners are often spoiled with. Also it made me realise something I'd left off the list of things I love about Robin van Persie. The way that man moves is pure poetry in motion. The shaping of his body when he takes a free kick or a curling shot is remarkable. Its amazing how elegant he is, every single part of him seems to align and each time you could take a perfect snapshot of it. I loved the Leeds match for another reason. It was exciting end to end stuff and extremely competitive which although occasionally stressful is still a great thrill. And even though the last Arsenal goal was greeted with unbridled joy at HQ I did still feel bad for poor Kasper Schmeichel. He's absolutley adorable and seeing him sitting huddled in the net looking for all the world like a little boy lost did tug at my heartstrings.
On the tennis front we've lost some of our harem in Oz. Marcos Baghdatis is out, as is Baby G. So we're left with three Spaniards flying the flag. We're going to cheer on Tommy Robredo for all we're worth against Roger 'Beige' Federer. However we're going to lose one of our boys as our catalan lion David Ferrer takes on the one and only Rafa in one of the other quarter fianls. Honestly I can hardly bear to watch. Divided loyalties does not even cover it.
And finally as massive congrats to the lady lineswoman who officaited Liverpool's game on Sunday and by all accounts did a bang up job. We wholeheartedly support the cause for more ladies in the game. We're first in line. And good luck to the Arsenal tonight. I know we can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment