Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 1 March 2011

Sporting Thoughts

Just a collection of some stuff that's occurred to me over the past few days. Note- this isn't about the carling cup final that will come later, I still need some time for perspective on that. Well its not about the game itself. Something that occurred during the game and in relation to it yes.
During the match Robin van Persie was substituted and at the time he was wearing the captain's armband. On leaving the pitch he gave it to Tomas Rosicky. Now regular readers or gooners among you will know that Little Dumpling has on several occasions captained L'Arse previously. Some of you may also know that he is in fact the captain of his national team (the Czech Rep.) If you know one or both of these facts, congratulations you know more than paid football pundits. Mark Lawrenson claimed he was given the armband "because he was the closest" and when his colleague (I forget exactly who it was) mentioned that Tomas captained the squad against Orient, Lawrenson replied "yeah well it was the rezzies" (thats reserves for the uninitiated.) Now its not just because they were talking about Tomas Rosicky that I find this absolutely disgraceful. Firstly its just downright disrespectful but on top of that these people are getting paid to tell us about football. They should know all of that stuff  I've just told you and more.  The sheer lack of effort is astounding.
Moving on. I caught the France vs England Rugby game at the weekend. I'm not normally a fan of rugby as I find it very confusing. But I do like the french rugby team. Largely because of one man. This man. Ladies and gentlemen say 'Bonjour' to Sebastien Chabal. That's six feet three inches and 115kg of France's finest right there. He is actually nicknamed 'Caveman.' So I will say, without shame, that is why I watched rugby on saturday. Also I love that the french team have the most French sounding names that anybody could come up with ever. Like Thierry Dusautoir or Clément Poitrenaud or Aurélien Rougerie. See how nice they sound when you say them? The game was a little disappointing, England won. Nevermind. I did enjoy all the french men throwing themselves around with abandon though. I actually cheered a couple of times. Its no substitute for footy but if Sebastien is involved I may tune in again.
So there we go. Happy Tuesday everyone. Feel free to tweet me and look out for my carling cup reality check.

No comments:

Post a Comment