Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Sunday 22 May 2011

My (Europa) Cup runneth over

As you all know I'm a big fan of the Europa League competition. I just plain love watching it as its full of random players that I like to keep an eye on and I really love to adopt a team in the competition every year. My record in this respect in pretty damn good. Last year I adopted Atletico Madrid. First and foremost for Tomas Ujfalusi, the guy cracks me up no end and I love his hardcore attitude. Secondly Diego Forlan, the man  is a machine. And thirdly Quique Sanchez Flores a man who rocks knitwear like no other. This year I was torn  in the early stages between Napoli (Edinson Cavani oh yeeeeah) and Porto. As I've said previously I've really enjoyed watching Porto in Europe this season. Their passing is incredibly quick, they flow so well as a team and they play beautiful incisive attacking football. the final on Thursday was pretty cagey at first but they totally deserved their win. It was veery fitting that Falcao scored the goal that won them the trophy too given that he has  been far and away the star of this yeear's competition. The rapturous celebrations were pretty special too. I loved the sombrero he acquired from somewhere. And his sweet joint lifting of the trophy with birthday boy Helton. So here's to a great competition this year and this great tradition continuing next year. Roll on the next round of boywatching

No comments:

Post a Comment