Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Sunday 15 January 2012

Down the swansea...

Well that was a rather infuriating match. It was one of those days when you just keep screaming at the screen throughout the ninety minutes. It was a game that Arsenal totally should have won. I know many people will say that Swansea played really well today and for some periods of the game its true they did. BUT having said that, it was more a case of us losing that game than them winning it. For a start, that was not a penalty. Not in a million years. Aaron ramsey barely caught him and was then in fact fouled by Dyer in return. Watch it again, you'll see that Dyer clearly stands on Aaron's leg. And to compound Aaron's shocker of a day (seriously its like he was competing to see how many times he could give it away) the second goal was his fault too. He gave the ball away very poorly. Silly boy. While we're on the subject, poor old Yossi had a bit of a nightmare in a bubblecar too as did Andrei Arshavin (again, has he walked under a ladder or something?) So there I believe was the problem, we were carrying three people in midfield (four sometimes, I'm looking at you Theo.) But it wasn't all doom and gloom and forgetting the art of defending. There were some glimmers of goodness amongst the nonsense. Once again, after a great performance at Leeds the other night, Ignasi Miquel (or baby Bambi if you like) was once again brilliant. I've said it before and I'll say it again the calm and assurance he has for a nineteen year old is incredible. Laurent Koscielny was immense at the back throwing himself at everything. And I know I say this all the time and I know I'm slightly (!) biased but Tomas Rosicky was great when he came on, and he really made a difference to the team and the performance. We don't see him as much as I would like but I think today he showed that in terms of an eye for a pass he has TOTALLY still got it. I think most of the boys acquitted themselves well at the end of the game as they were really fighting for it and flinging everything at the Swansea goal but alas it was not to be. So all in all it was a weird inbetween good in some ways bad in others sort of day. Sums up supporting my team really.

3 comments: