Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Wednesday 11 January 2012

The return of the King

On Monday night Thierry Henry returned to his home. And my what a return it was. I think my neighbours must have wondered what was going on in my house, I went a tiny little bit crazy celebrating. It was quite an emotional screaming and jumping around moment. It was such a special occasion that even my mum was moved to watch the match. It was beautiful, like a fairytale. Within ten minutes of coming into the game he scored the winning goal. It was a trademark Thierry goal too. Lovely movement and a neat, clever little finish. But it in was the moments afterwards, the celebrations that the real magic showed. To see him so inspired, so pumped up and in the moment was so beautiful, so moving, so poetic. My mum put it best I think when she said "Look, he's smiling right up to his eyes." A sight to warm the heart of every gooner watching but also warm the heart of any fan of football. I put it to you that no matter who you support, the story of not only a club legend but one of the best players to ever play in the Premier League returning to a club that represents his spiritual home and then scoring a wonder goal to roll back the years, is still enough to give you a fuzzy little warm feeling in your heart no matter how faint.
Another highlight of the match was my mum's assessment of Andrei Arshavin, "I think that boy needs glasses."

No comments:

Post a Comment