Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Sunday 1 April 2012

Twice as Nice

So after the drama of the pairs short, could I handle any more of what Nice had to throw at me? Well we all know the answer is of course, a resounding YES. So on I went watching short dance and men's short.
And they didn't disappoint. I caught the very, very end of Luca Lanotte and Anna Cappelini's routine which looked excellent. It seemed to have a brilliant latin flavour to it and bags of shimmy. I allso saww another of my favourite young couple Elena and Nikita. I really like Nikita. Yes, he's beautiful but I see lots of potential there too (honest) and I love the atmosphere about their routine. I saw Kaitlyn weavver and Andrew Poje's routine which was very emotive and had a really interesting contemporary dance feel about it. I didn't think that all of the routine worked perfectly but the contemporary dance angle is a nice new slant for ice dance so good for them. And of course I loved Natalie and Fabian's routine. They were so brilliant and really stepped it up in fornt of their home crowd, particularly Natalie after what sounds like a horrible facial injury. Then we had the major clash. Charlie and Meryl vs Tessa and Scotty. My mum loved Charlie and Meryl, she thought Charlie was 'handsome' and that Meryl looked like 'Princess Jasmine.' But ass you all know, I have a soft spot for Tessa and Scotty. Both couples were right on top of their game but Tessa and Scott came out on top and lead into the free. Then we had the men's short. What a contest it is so far. As we've come to expect Patriick Chan is leading despite a program that was less than his best. Daisuke Takahashi skated a gorgeous program, he truly is 'the most stunning male figure skater on the planet' as Simon Reed so brilliantly put it. Michal Brezina skated a stunner of a program, it was just razor sharp and so clean and precise. I love the kodo drums concept and if I'm not mistaken there'll be big things  in the future for Micha. then there were the French contingent. Florrent Amodio was again sparky and energetic (and beyond adorable.) Then there was Brian. Lovely Brian. His performance was brilliant on its own but when you considered it alongside all the injury issues and form problems he's had it was downright incredible. I can't wait to see the rest of the competitions.
EDIT- i realise know that Weaver and Poje's 'contemporary dance routine' was not in fact the short program. It was in fact a bit of the free skate that I caught. I'm sure you were all reading that and going 'WHAT?!" So here I am, correcting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment