Arsenal Fixtures 2013/2014

  • 17/08/13 Aston Villa (H)
  • 24/08/13 Fulham (A)
  • 01/09/13 Tottenham (H)
  • 14/09/13 Sunderland (A)
  • 22/09/13 Stoke (H)

Tuesday 17 August 2010

Moto GP - Czech it out.

Well it surely was an interesting weekend in Brno. First there was the insane practice session/qualifying that included crashes for (deep breath) Marco SImoncelli, Randy de Puniet, Nicky Hayden, Valentino Rossi, Jorge Lorenzo and Hector Barbera. Then there was Dani Pedrosa'a stunning last minute pole that took a third of a second out of Ben Spies (!) Then there was the race itself. I'll make it clear now I'm a Dani fan. That's where this post is heading. He scares the hell out of me when he races so I spent a large portion of the race hugging a cushion. I would have loved to see him win but having seen him crash last race I was delighted to see him back on the podium. I nearly had a stress related episode when Andrea Dovizioso crashed into the middle of the track and our entire house gasped when he nearly got ran over twice. I'm developping a real soft spot for Dovi I must say, something about his boundless innocence and optimism just makes me smile. One of the highlights of the race weekend for me though was JOrge Lorenzo charging past a bemused Casey Stoner in the middle of his post race interview hollering "aahhhhhhhh" at the top of his lungs. Comedy gold.
Also this weekend came THE big news regarding next season with Valentino finally announcing his move to Ducati. I'll admit I had my reservations and was extremely childish at first in refusing to read the press release. But I'm glad I gave in. The way he talked about his motorbike as 'his girl' and told their 'love story' was one of the most beautiful and weirdly moving things I've evr read. It reminded me of exactly why we all love The Doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment